Monday, October 10, 2011

My Spin on Pioneer Woman's "Pasta Alla Vodka"


I followed Pioneer Woman's recipe (see link below) for her "Pasta Alla Vodka" with a few changes.  First thing in the morning a put a bag of frozen chicken thighs in the crock pot with a cup of water and a teaspoon of salt, and let it cook on low all day.  Then I skinned & deboned the chicken thighs and added them to the pasta dish.  The meat was very tender and falling off the bone.  I also substituted chicken broth from the crock pot in place of the vodka, and I used half regular pasta and half whole wheat pasta.  Lastly, I poured it all into a 9" x 13" casserole dish and topped it with shredded cheese.  I used a mexican mix of cheese.  It was de-lish!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/12/friday-night-dinner-pasta-alla-vodka/

Yummy ... Yum ... Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment