Tuesday, June 21, 2011

4th of July Pie

I call this my "4th of July Pie," because it's red, white & blue, and I learned how to make it from one of the Hunt gals at their annual, 4th of July party.

Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdWrgQ-C8VQ&t=2s

You will need:

1 - baked 9" pie crust
1/4 - bag white chocolate chips
1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 - small box instant cheesecake pudding
     (regular or sugar-free is okay, vanilla also works)
1 - cup milk
1 - tub, 8 oz. whipped topping
1 - container strawberries, washed & dried
1 - pint blueberries, washed & dried

Prepare & bake one, 9" store bought, pie crust according to package instructions, or make your own home-made 9" pie crust.  Do not forget to poke holes in the crust with a fork before baking.  Allow crust to cool.

Melt white chocolate chips and spoon into and up the sides of the pie crust.  Refridgerate for a couple of minutes until chocolate hardens.

Set aside 10 of your best stawberries for the top of the pie.  Cut the rest in small pieces and place in the pie crust.

Beat instant pudding and milk until well blended.  Beat in the cream cheese.  Spoon into pie crust.

Spoon whipped topping onto pie making a "hole" in the center.


Add the blueberries.


Add the 10 reserved strawberries.  Chill 3-4 hours before serving.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Good things 4th of July is coming up soon. ;) I want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite pies, Mom! And I was sad I couldn't have a piece the last time you made it. Next time I just might go off my diet to have a piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm taking this to Keith and April Brown's for our Brown/Fulton/Roten 4th of July family gathering!! It looks even better the 2nd time around. Thank you for sharing, Mary:)

    ReplyDelete